- Improved power factor of the system which saves money on your power bill.
- Reduces the lagging component of the circuit current which reduces the overall current in the system.
- Reduces I²R power losses in the system because of reduction in the circuit current.
- Reduces I²X kilovar loss in the system because of current reduction.
- Voltage regulation is improved when the capacitors are properly switched. Increases voltage level at the load.
- Decreases KVA loading which relieves overloaded conditions and releases capacity for additional load growth.
- Reduces demand KVA loading where power is purchased.
- Reduces investment in the system facilities per kilowatt of load supplied.
Mobile Capacitor Banks
Elgin Power Solutions designs, builds, and refurbishes mobile capacitor bank for utility and industrial customers across the United States. What separates Elgin from the rest of its competitors is experience and expertise. After a customer has communicated their needs, Elgin will design an optimized solution sometimes providing multiple options for customer selection. Elgin project managers and assembly plant team are particularly expert in protection and control, power factor and harmonics ensuring a seamless installation. Elgin is OEM agnostic, which allows the customer to maintain complete product flexibility.
Enclosing voltage regulators in a metal housing along with the proper bypass switches and fused disconnects not only provide security in a hostile environment but also gives the user a turn key project for system regulation.
Enclosures constructed for either indoor or outdoor use to provide a degree of protection to personnel against incidental contact with the enclosed equipment; to provide a degree of protection against falling dirt, rain, sleet, and snow; and that will be undamaged by the external formation of ice on the enclosure.
Neutral Grounding Reactors for Solar
Elgin Power Solutions manufactures both dry and oil filled reactors up to 5000 KVA. We have the ability to custom design these units to fit a customer’s needs. Typically these support our mining and tunneling applications. Typical mining applications call for 12470 or 7200 volt input with 995, 480 or 240 volt outputs.
We also manufacture air core & iron core reactors to support our Gilbert product line. We can manufacture units up to 35 KV. We also have a line of epoxy cast current limiting reactors 160A, 40 uh commonly referred to as “pancake reactors”.